Pages

Mar 29, 2009

Amazing Red Dot Quiz (2) - Where can you see this mountain from Singapore?

My previous quiz on the time capsule was met with enthusiasm by fellow heritage bloggers. All of them got the answer correct by hook or by crook despite a digitally manipulated quiz photo. For quiz 2, I’m changing my strategy. The location will not be in town. I will not manipulate the quiz photo in any manner.

Since starting the blog, I’ve grown to like mountains. Thanks to blog projects like the Roger-Hatchy photo and Peter who keeps on titillating me with images of Mount Pinatubo and lady caddies. No wonder I was wild with ecstasy when the mountain appeared, like Mount Kilimanjaro, in front of me.


Now, ladies and gentlemen, where can you see this mountain from Singapore? The exact location please. Don’t say Bishan when it is in Toa Payoh, for example.

(The answer is now published in another article.)

25 comments:

Adelin said...

tuas or jurong? lol

Icemoon said...

Ad, you think this is Mastermind ah. I say wrong also becomes a hint.

peter said...

can enalrge photo? I need big magnifying glass.

Victor said...

Icemoon, shouldn't the question be: "Where can you see this mountain from Singapore?"

Icemoon said...

Victor, thanks for the correction.

I wanted to play with ambiguity, maybe the mountain is Bukit Timah? LOL (yeah right ..)

yg said...

icemoon, don't make mountain out of a bukit (not, gunong). give a bit of clue, leh. malaysian mountain or indonesian mountain?

peter said...

It looks like some SAF signals area - towers and camo-green hut in the center. The confusion is the tall bdlg on the left. The white bdlgs look like 1970s design. Jurong Camp?

Icemoon said...

The last time I checked, it is a Malaysian Gunung.

Lam Chun See said...

The only conclusion I can come up with is that this is facing north as our southern coasts are all built-up.

I think this photo is taken in NTU. Probably NIE.

Icemoon said...

NTU/NIE should see a lot of forest.

Icemoon said...

Nope, it is not in the Jurong area.

Here's a clue - photo taken from HDB flat.

Lam Chun See said...

In that case must be Choa Chu Kang in the direction of Kranji.

peter said...

how about Stagmont Ring area or the school of signals @Jalan Tecky Whye or the private condo at KPE?

peter said...

maybe provost in Krnaji?

I think we all buy or chartered a plane and fly around singapore to take areial photos - how about it? I heard expensive bcos a company at Seletar Airport can do it.

Icemoon said...

Nobody said the keyword yet.

If password incorrect the door will not open leh.

yg said...

it looks like gunong pulai in johor.

Life is Short said...

Ok, let me try. There's a golf course just infront. So either looking north across Warren country club or looking north-west across Kranji SAFRA country club.

Icemoon said...

Keith, thanks for visiting my blog.

Haha, so far nobody has answered the "where" correctly.

Lam Chun See said...

Looks like you have to give more hints.

Icemoon said...

Some of the answers are very close.

yg said...

i thought it could be choa chu kang. could it be sembawang then?

Icemoon said...

Then yg, have you been to that part of Choa Chu Kang?

Life is Short said...

Don't tell me this shot is taken from a factory at Sungei Kadut ?

Icemoon said...

Nope, not factory. In a public place.

peter said...

Seems icemoon is bent on depriving us of an "orgasm".